Stay West Weekend Grant Program
Grant Application Process:
Registered student organizations can apply for grants to sponsor programs for those weekends. A student committee that is composed of current students, graduate students, and professional staff will review all proposals and make decisions about which ones to fund. A strict timeline will be used to complete the application and event planning process.
Fall 2013 Dates available: September 20th and 21st, November 15th and 16th.
Deadline to submit online application by September 3rd at 5:00pm for September dates
and October 7th at 5:00pm for November dates.
Apply for the Fall 2013 Event Dates Here:
Criteria for Selection:
· The event should have a university department as a co-sponsor, with a staff or faculty member committed to working with the organization to help make the event a success. (Note: Events may have multiple sponsors.)
· The event should appeal to a broad range of students OR should be paired with another event so that the two events together appeal to a broad range of students.
· The application should have a detailed budget, communication/marketing plan, and an assessment plan.
· The budget for the Event must not exceed $3,000
· The application should demonstrate how, as a result of participation in the event, students will begin to achieve one or more of the following goals:
o Have fun and describe UWG as a great place to go to school.
o Have a sense of belonging and connection – feel that UWG is their home.
o Be proud of the university – brag about it to others, wear UWG paraphernalia, etc.
o Help others - know they have made a positive difference in the world.
o Gain knowledge and learn skills to help them be effective citizens and leaders after they graduate.
o Grow and develop.
o Create lifelong memories.