- The functions of this committee are outlined in "II. Governance."
Government Oversight Committee:
- Composed of the Speaker, Majority Leader, Parliamentarian, and two (2) Senators appointed by the Majority Leader and is chaired by the Parliamentarian.
- Investigative committee that oversees the internal business of SGA and ensures public responsibility to entities thereof.
- This committee shall be empowered to subpoena Civil Service members and Court clerks.
- By majority vote, this committee may submit a Formal Petition for Impeachment
Academic Affairs Committee:
- Composed of at least (5) Senators appointed by the Majority Leader upon consultation with the Rules Committee.
- Responsible for general academic issues, problems, and procedures.
- Every Senator of the Assembly shall submit periodic reports on their Constituencies to this committee.
- The chair of this committee shall, as per direction for the Majority Leader, assign Consitituency work to Senators that pertains to academics.
Appropriations and Fees Committee:
- Composed of three (3) Senators appointed by the Majority Leader upon consultation with the Rules Committee.
- Responsible for coordinating work with the Department of the Treasury pertaining to finances, appropriations, and expenditures.
- Also responsible for work relating to fees. This committee receives expenditure reports of SAFBA from the Chancellor. Should the SGA choose to adopt a formal Fees Policy through legislation, this committee shall be responsible for coordinating the Policy as directed by the Chancellor.
- Before the President and Chancellor submit their Budget to the Assembly, they shall submit it to this committee for analysis. During the Chancellor's presentation of the Budget to the Assembly, this committee shall advise the Assembly on its own analysis and advise amendments.
Campus and Strategic Planning Committee:
- Composed of at least five (5) Senators appointed by the Majority Leader upon consultation with the Rules Committee.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting on, and crafting SGA Policy initiatives regarding the athletic infrastructure, technology and communications, housing, health and food services, auxiliary services, branding, and facilities development of the campus.
Programs and External Cooperation:
- Composed of at least three (3) Senators appointed by the Majority Leader.
- Responsible for public interactions, monitoring relations between SGA and other student governments, cooperation between SGA and other student organizations, and coordinating policy.
Student Life Committee:
- Composed of at least five (5) Senators appointed by the Majority Leader.
- Responsible for financial aid, orientation, student disciplinary procedures and policies, and other matters referred to the committee by the Speaker.