Doctorate in School Improvement
Attention: Summer 2013 (Cohort 14) applicants, orientation dates are May, 29, 30 & 31. Keep looking here for all program updates.
Attention: Applicants to the Summer 2013 Cohort, the application period CLOSED February 1, 2013.
We will begin accepting (complete only) application packets beginning October 1, 2013 for the Summer 2014 Cohort.
Welcome from Dr. Andy Nixon, Director
Our Ed.D. program in School Improvement offers a unique opportunity for educators looking for an interdisciplinary, inquiry-based doctoral program that prepares graduates to become change agents in the schools they serve. Please review the information provided on this website, and contact us for additional information.
Our program has served students for 12 years as a face-to-face program. Beginning with summer of 2011, we have have transformed the program to a "hybrid" model, with 100% of our coursework being delivered online.
There are several unique features of the Doctorate in School Improvement. These include the following:
- All coursework is delivered online, using a wide variety of instructional technologies.
- Students are required to come to our Carrollton, GA campus twice during the program: (1) for an intensive 2-1/2 day Orientation during the first summer, and (2) for an intensive Dissertation Prep Seminar during the second summer.
- Our program not only prepares you for your dissertation, but also guides you through the process by incorporating it into the coursework.
- Since we have incorporated the dissertation into the second half of the coursework, the program may be completed in three years.
- Our faculty are nationally recognized, committed to school improvement, and understand your needs as an adult online learner.
Welcome, Cohort 13!!