For detailed information on the Ed. S. Program and the Certificate Only program, go to the Department of Leadership and Instruction home page and select Educational Leadership.
The University of West Georgia's performance-based Educational Specialist (Ed.S) Leadership Degree program emphasizes job-embedded learning and can be completed in three semesters. Candidates who successfully complete the program earn a Performance Based Leadership Certificate (PL-6) in educational leadership. A primary component of the program is a field-based residency in which students are provided the opportunity to practice, learn, and demonstrate performance while on the job as an educational leader. Students are coached by highly-qualified practitioner scholars.
Five reasons to "GO West" to the UWG Educational Leadship Program:
(1) Full-time faculty that are both scholars and practitioners,
(2) Relevant and job-embedded residency,
(3) Convenience: Program can be completed in three semesters and only a few face to face sessions,
(4) High expectiations with strong support and faculty engagement for student-learning,
Totally online except for a few select Saturdays in the Residence Lab
Total semester hours required to earn a degree:
Maximum Hours Transferable into program:
For the most up-to-date and accurate cost information, see the Bursar's Office website at http://www.westga.edu/bursar/.
A variety of financial assistance options for Graduate students, including scholarships and fellowships. See http://www.westga.edu/financialAid/index_2772.php
Many options are available to help qualified veterans and in some cases their families. See
Find information for the programs here: program checklist Always consult with an advisor before selecting courses.
This describes the general information about faculty for this program.
General admissions deadlines are typically:
See The Scoop for more specific deadlines: http://www.westga.edu/registrar/766.php
Specific graduate deadlines are listed here: http://www.westga.edu/gradstudies/important-dates.php
The Graduate Studies Application Process checklist is available here: http://www.westga.edu/gradstudies/apply-now.php
One exception: If you will not ever be traveling to a UWG campus or site, you may apply for an Immunization Exemption. Contact the Immunization Clerk with your request.
College of Education Office of Graduate Studies Phone: 678-839-6125 or Fax: 678-839-6174
Admission Deadline: Specific dates for Admissions (Undergraduate Only), Financial Aid, Fee Payment, Registration, Start/End of Term Dates, Final Exams, etc. are available in THE SCOOP at http://www.westga.edu/registrar/766.php.
Specific Graduate Admissions Deadlines:
(1) Build a shared vision of student success and well-being.
(2) Champion and support instruction and assessment that maximizes student learning and achievement.
(3) Manage and develop staff members' professional skills and practives in order to drive student learning and achievement
(4) Cultivate a caring and inclusive school community dedicated to student learning, academic success and the personal well-being of every student.
(5) Coordinate resources, time, structures and roles effectively to build the instructional capacity of teachers and other staff.
(6) Engage families and the outside community to promote and support student success .
(7) Administer and manage operations efficiently and effectively.