MA English Program Form (Thesis Track)
M.A. in English (Thesis Option)
Name: (Last) (First) (Middle)
|Graduate Course||Hrs||Gr||Degree Requirement||Dt||P/F|
|1. ENGL 6XXX Seminar||3||Foreign Language Requirement
|2. ENGL 6XXX Seminar||3||Prospectus and Declaration of Candidacy|
|3. ENGL 6XXX Seminar||3||Oral Examination|
|4. ENGL 6XXX Seminar||3||Thesis Examination|
|5. ENGL 6XXX Seminar||3||
|6. ENGL 6XXX Seminar||3||Thesis Committee|
|7. ENGL 6XXX Seminar||3||Director:
|8.ENGL 6XXX Seminar OR ENGL 5XXX Course||3||Reader:
|9. ENGL 6XXX Seminar OR ENGL 5XXX Course||3||Reader:|
|10. ENGL 6399 (Thesis)||3|
|Total Program||30||Date Evaluated|
* 27 hours of course work (9 courses) are required for the degree.
* 7 of these courses must be at the 6000-level.
* A minimum of 24 hours must be taken in English. Courses outside of English must be approved by the DGS in advance.
* ENGL 6399 (Thesis) for 3 credit hours is required. Cannot be included in the 27 hours of course work.
* Passing the oral examination is required.
* Completing the language requirement.
* Passing the thesis examination is required.
* An overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
Department of English / University of West Georgia, Revised 8/23/02