David W. Newton, Ph.D.
Department Chair & Professor of English
Phone: 678-839-4877 | Fax: 678-839-4849
Office: Technology Learning Center 2-234
Hours: Fall Semester 2013
TR 11:00 -12:20 pm; 2:00- 4:00 pm
Please call or email to schedule an appointment at an alternate time.
Courses and Sections
- ENGL-3000 (Research and Methodology)
- ENGL-4300 (StudiesInEnglishLang:Grammar)
- ENGL-5300 (StudiesInEnglishLang:Grammar)
Spring 2014 Sections
Fall 2013 Sections
- ENGL-3000 (Research and Methodology) Section: 03 [ View Syllabus ]
Spring 2013 Sections
- English, The College of Charleston, 1983
- M.Div., Theology, The Candler School of Theology, 1988
- American Literature and Linguistics, Emory University, 1993
My professional interests are in the areas of historical linguistics and Southern literature. My publications and research have focused primarily on the language, culture, and literature of the American South. I teach courses in linguistics (History of the English Language, American English Dialects, and English Grammar), Nineteenth Century American Literature, and Southern Literature.