Apply for Aid
How do I apply for financial aid?
- Federal Aid (Loans, work-study, and grants) you should complete the FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You must complete the FAFSA every for which you want federal aid.
- HOPE Scholarship you must complete the Georgia College 411 application (GSFAPPS) online. This application only has to be completed one time.
- You can come to the ESC to complete both applications in the Self-Service Lab. A representative will be available to assist you if you have questions.
- For additional information please visit the Financial Aid Website.
How do I apply or accept Federal Work-Study funds?
Your initial application is the FAFSA, you should make sure you answer question #31. If you did not indicate you were interested in Federal Work-Study you can download the Work-Study Request form, complete it and submit to the Enrollment Services Center.
After you have submitted the FWS request form:
- If you are awarded FWS you will receive an email to your MyUWG account.
- If you are eligible but not awarded, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Federal Work-Study funds are accepted by obtaining FWS eligible employment, on-campus or off-campus. Job openings can be located by going to the Career Services website.