About Events Calendar
University of West Georgia Events Calendar is a centralized web calendar that promotes university events online.
Events listed on the University of West Georgia calendar must be hosted or sponsored by UWG. These include, events hosted by one of its colleges, departments, or programs/ events sponsored by a registered student organization. Any member of the faculty or staff can submit an event; a representative from a student organization can as well.
Events submitted through a "Submit an Event" online form must be approved before they are actually viewed on a Calendar. The Category Owners are notified by a system that an event has been submitted for their approval. Please submit your event at least 5 business days in advance to allow the Category Owners to approve your event.
If you need to change information associated with an event (additional information, sell outs, venue change) please contact the departmental administrator of your event.
Tips for posting your events
• Keep your event name short, yet descriptive.
• Have event descriptions concise and filled with information you wish to convey about your event.
• To help your event stand out, you may want to consider associating your event with at least one of the main categories (Arts & Culture, Student Events, Sports & Recreation, University Events, University Guests, Lectures & Seminars).
• Please refrain from associating your event with every category. Only choose two to three categories your event is associated with.
Highlighted Events must meet the following criteria:
• It may not be a regularly occurring meeting
• The event venue must be large enough to accommodate 50 people
• The event or topic promotes vibrancy of UWG’s campus life by:
1. creating a sense of connection to feel that UWG is your home
2. helping others and knowing that you helped make a positive difference in the world
3. gaining knowledge and learn skills to help you be effective citizens and leaders
A “Highlighted Event” is created at the discretion of the Calendar Coordinator or the Category Owner. The highlighted event will be featured on the calendar’s home page. If your event meets the criteria listed above and you wish for your event to be considered a “Highlighted Event” please make a note of that when submitting the event online in the other information category or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request consideration for your event.
Designated Category Owners and Department Administrators approve, add, cancel or remove events through an “Online Administration". Please contact ITS Service Desk ( email@example.com ) if you have questions about obtaining an administrator account.