Take advantage of the Center's FREE and CRLA certified tutoring in all core curriculum classes. To learn more about CRLA, click here.
Tutoring appointments can now be made online! If it's your first appointment, then call or come in so we can put you in the system. Otherwise, click here: http://accuweb.westga.edu/Accusilver/#/Home
After you've made an appointment, look below to find some tips on how to make your tutoring session as productive as possible:
Materials to bring to your appointment:
- Notes, syllabus, past tests, and quizzes
- Completed homework
- A list of challenging problems and questions you would like to ask your tutor
- Paper, pen, pencil, and/or highlighters
What to Expect from your Tutor:
- Tutors will evaluate your study skills and make recommendations to help you become a more efficient student.
- Tutors complement your work, provide you hints, suggestions, etc., but will not replace good honest hard work.
- Tutors will assist you in setting goals.
- Your tutor will help you with challenging problems, but will not do your homework for you.
- Tutors are excellent sources of information regarding resources available to you on campus.
What Your Tutor Expects from You:
Do your best to understand the material before coming to tutoring. Do your homework before your appointment.
- Read the syllabus. Understand what is expected of you in each class.
- Be an active student in class. Ask questions, participate in class, and take notes.
- Be aware of test and due dates so you can pace yourself and avoid cramming.
- Bring a list of questions or problems you would like to discuss with your tutor.
Other information to know
If a student does not make the scheduled appointment time and does not call to cancel, he/she is considered a no-show. After two no-shows, or three cancellations without at least 24 hours notice (unless there are extentuating circumstances), the student will be blocked from making any further appointments that semester. If your tutor must cancel, he/she will make every effort to contact you ahead of time.