Office of Financial Aid
Yes, amazing things happen when you ‘Go West’, but you are still faced with the cost of attendance. UWG’s Department of Financial Aid is here to help. We work with a variety of federal, state and institutional loans, grants, scholarships and work programs. We provide information and assistance to students, their parents or sponsors and secondary school personnel. If you are a current or prospective financial aid recipient, explore your options today.
DATES & DEADLINES
July 1 - Summer Session 4 fee payment deadline. Balance due must be below $300 or classes will be dropped.
July 4 - Independence Day Holiday, no classes, offices closed.
July 1 - All Document Deadline for Financial Aid. The 2014-2015 FAFSA and all requested documents are due by this date in order to have financial aid in place by the fee payment deadline July 28, 2014.
July 28 - Fee payment deadline for tuition and fees for fall semester at 6 pm.
August 11 - Fee payment deadline for Housing and Meal Plans. Students with balances of $300 or more will be dropped from all Fall 2014 courses at 6 pm.
August 25-September 2 - Open Drop/Add - Classes dropped during Open Drop/Add will receive a refund of paid funds. Note: According to Federal Regulations, Financial Aid cannot be adjusted for courses added after September 2.
September 1 - Labor Day Holiday, no classes, offices closed.
September 2 - Last day to sign Perkins promissory note in Aycock Hall.
September 3 - Final fee payment deadline at 6 pm. Students with account balances of $300 or more will have all Fall 2014 courses dropped at 6 pm.
September 12 - Financial Aid balances available via HigherOne no later than this date.
November 27-28 - Thanksgiving Holiday, no classes, offices closed.
- Please have your Student ID number available.
- During peak times of the year, call volume increases drastically. Please remain on the line so that we can better serve you.
- Please use your UWG email account.
- Please include your Student ID number.
- Please allow 1-2 business days for a response.
- If you are emailing attachments, please make sure they are in .PDF format. Attachments that are not in .PDF format will not be opened.
- If your matter is urgent or if it is close to a deadline (such as fee payment), please call or visit.
Enrollment Services Center located in Parker Hall
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Applying for Federal or State Financial Aid
Eligibility for Financial Aid (Academic Progress)
Types of Aid
Refunds/Summer Financial Aid/Freeze InformationLearn More
Can Financial Aid discuss my aid with my parents?
The Financial Aid Office can discuss some aspects of your financial aid with your parents under certain stipulations. What we need on file in order to discuss your financial aid account is listed below:
- Your parent must be listed on your FAFSA OR
- You can complete the Release of Information Form #14
What aspects of my financial aid can you discuss with my parents?
- Documents or requirements needed to process your financial aid (not including documents or requirements related to your Academic Progress unless you have completed the Release of Information for that individual)
- General award information
- Any general financial aid information or processes
Why can’t Financial Aid discuss all of my financial aid with my parents?
- Student educational records (including financial aid records) are protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA). FERPA states that the university, its agents, faculty, state, and administrations are not allowed to share educational information about any student with anyone (including parents and spouses) without the written authorization and consent of the student. For more information regarding FERPA click here.
Did You Know...
..about Academic Progress?
..about the Financial Aid Breakdown Bill?
..about the Bookstore Credit?
..about dependency status?
..email is how we communicate with you?
..we have Facebook and Twitter accounts?
..where to complete the FAFSA?
..about the HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships?
..about Pell Grant?
..our priority deadlines?
..where to look for requested documents?
..how to request Summer Financial Aid?
..that the Bursar's Office handles Short Term Loans?