Financial Aid Home at The University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
Financial Aid Home
- It is extremely important that you add all of the classes needed for a semester during posted registration times.
- Federal regulations require that we set a freeze date after which Pell grant cannot be increased under normal circumstances due to increased course loads.
- UWG’s freeze date is at the end of the Drop/Add Period for each semester.
- Financial Aid freeze dates only affect Pell Grant and do not affect student loans, HOPE, private loans, etc.
- Students who have financial aid remaining after all balances are paid, will receive those funds as a refund to the HigherOne card
- Federal and State Aid can only be released once the Drop/Add period ends.
- Fall/Spring Semester - As a general rule, refunds can be expected approximately 10 business days after the Drop/Add period ends during the fall and spring semesters.
- Summer Semester - Summer refunds are different. The summer semester has many Drop/Add periods so when you receive refunds for summer depends on which sessions for which you are enrolled. Generally, you would receive the refund after the Drop/Add period ended for the LAST session you enroll.
- Closely monitor your UWG email account. HigherOne will send an email notice once your refund is released.
- You must apply for summer financial aid since many students only attend UWG in the fall and spring. Complete the Summer Aid Review Request under the Financial Aid link on your Banweb account in March.
- There are limits on how much federal aid you can receive in a year so please keep in mind that you will need to set aside aid for the summer.