HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship
The HOPE Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students who are residents of Georgia, maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, and meet UWG’s academic progress rules, etc. It is important to remember that you can only begin receiving HOPE at certain times – as an incoming freshman or once you cross 30, 60, or 90 attempted hour checkpoints. Once a student loses HOPE, it can only be regained one time.
Zell Miller Scholarship
The Zell Miller Scholarship is awarded to Incoming Freshman who are residents of Georgia, graduated from high school with at least a 3.7 GPA, received either a 1200 SAT score or 26 ACT score in one sitting before graduating high school, and maintained a 3.3 GPA in college.
Requirements to receive HOPE/Zell
- Effective Immediately, all HOPE/Zell Scholarship recipients must complete a HOPE Inquiry form located in your Banweb, under Student Services and Financial Aid, Financial Aid. Incoming Freshman and transfer students are eligible to complete to HOPE Inquiry once their admission status is complete.
- Students will also be required to submit a HOPE Inquiry prior to the start of every fall semester and/or at the start of each semester following a term in which the student was not enrolled.
- In addition to the Inquiry all HOPE/Zell Miller recipients must complete a GSFAPPS located at GaCollege411, or a 2012-2013 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov with UWG school code 001601 for summer 2013 funds. June 30, 2013 is the deadline to complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA for summer HOPE/Zell.
- The 2013-2014 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov is available for fall 2013. Please complete your FAFSA immediately to guarantee that your application will be reviewed for processing in time for the fall fee payment deadline of July 29, 2013. The deadline to receive your FAFSA is July 1, 2013.
- The FAFSA is valid each academic year for three (3) semesters (fall, spring, and summer). Every fall semester requires a new FAFSA. The renewals are available each year beginning January 1st and can be completed once your (and your parents) federal income taxes are submitted to the IRS.
- To see fee payment deadlines, please check The Scoop.
2012-2013 HOPE Amounts:
2012-2013 Zell Miller Amounts: