Financial Aid Home at The University of West Georgia

Log On

Graduate Student

Graduate Students Financial Aid Application Process

FAFSA Application Deadline
Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to the Department of Education Central Processor by
July 1st to insure awarding of funds by Fall Fee Payment Deadline.


Obtain your U.S. Department of Education PIN (Used to electronically sign the FAFSA).

To obtain your secure PIN, click here.


Complete and Submit the FAFSA.

Note:  When filling out information on FAFSA enter name and social security number exactly as printed on your Social Security Card.

To begin filling out the FAFSA, click here.

University of West Georgia's Federal School Code is 001601.


If requested, submit supporting documentation to the Office of Financial Aid.

Immediately after receiving email:


To be eligible for federal aid, a student must be a citzen or elgible non-citizen of the United States with a valid social security number.  In general, students must be degree seeking and be enrolled at least on a half-time basis.  Additionally, students may not owe a refund on a federal student grant nor be in default on a federal student loan.

Certification Students
Students enrolled in programs leading to teacher certification may be eligible for financial aid. Certification students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility under federal guidelines.
More info

Provisional Graduate Students
A person failing to meet one or more of the standards required for admission as a regular graduate student may be eligible for admission under conditions specified at the time of admission by the appropriate department chair or program director and approved by the Dean of the Graduate School.
For more information on provisional student status please see the Graduate Catalog pg. 53:

• Provisional students must be enrolled in at least 6 hours each semester to receive financial aid, but may only receive financial aid for a maximum of 3 semesters with a Provisional status..
• Provisional students are not eligible for HOPE Teacher Scholarship.
• Provisional students may borrow up to $5500 in loans.  Additional funds may be available upon written request by submitting an Award Change Request form.

Regular Graduate Students
A student who has a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale on all work taken at all colleges/universities, satisfactory scores on the appropriate admission test, the recommendation of the department or program concerned, and who has completed all prerequisites required for admission into the proposed field of specialization satisfies minimal regular admission standards for the Graduate School.

• Regular students must be enrolled in at least 5 hours each semester to receive financial aid.
• Regular students are eligible for HOPE Teacher Scholarship.
• Regular students may borrow up to $8500 in loans. Additional funds may be available upon request by submitting an Award Change Request form.

Fellowships & Scholarships
Graduate students receive consideration for fellowships or scholarship aid from their University department or school. Questions regarding fellowships or scholarships should be directed to the academic department. For more information regarding these scholarships click here.

Satisfactory Academic Progress
Financial Aid recipients also must meet minimum Standards of Academic Progress in order to qualify for assistance. Satisfactory Academic Progress in outlined in detail on the Financial Aid website.

Withdrawing Policy
Students who withdraw from the University during a semester are subject to the University’s Withdrawal Policy which may result in an adjustment to University charges and/or financial aid credits.

Are you a veteran who needs Veterans Information?

Types of Aid

  Loans  | **Hope Teacher Scholarship Loan | Scholarships | Vocational Rehabilitation

**NOTE:  Due to state budget issues, the HOPE Teacher Scholarship Loan program may not be funded for 2010-2011.

You Should Know

Rights & Responsibilities  |  Payment of Fees
Refund Policy  |  Employment Academic Progress