The 2011 "Back to School" Nursing Scholarship Program
Contact: Ann Marie Durlacher, email@example.com
Award: $2500 (3 awards - RN to BSN Program, Masters in Nursing or Doctorate in Nursing Program, and Accelerated Second Degree BSH or Direct Entry MSN Program.
Deadline: Applications will be available beginning March 1st. Check back at http://www.bestnursingdegree.com/scholarship/
Requirements: See website as requirements vary depending on program.
Application Process: Further information will be posted at http://www.bestnursingdegree.com/scholarship/ by March 1, 2011.
Abbott and Fenner Scholarship
Contact: Abbott and Fenner Business Consultants
Deadline: June 19, 2010
- The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
- Between the ages of 16 and 30
- To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the topic below. The essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Your submissions must be sent to us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What do you see as the long term impact of our current recession on the average family? How might it affect their future decisions?
- All applicants must include their full name and mailing addres s in their essay.
AES Engineering Solutions
Contact: AES Engineering Solutions
Deadline: October 8, 2010
- High school senior or any student attending a post secondary educational facility
- Submit an essay on one of two topics provided
- No resume or transcript required
- Students must submit an essay of no more than 1,000 words on one of two topics listed at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm. Submisions should be sent to email@example.com
Website available at: http://www.aesengineers.com/about.htm
Army Emergency Relief Scholarship
Contact: Army Emergency Relief
200 Stovall St. Rm 5N13
Alexandria, VA 22332-0600
Phone: Stateside Spouse Program: 703-325-2091
Overseas Spouse Program: 703-325-0313
Children’s Program: 703-428-0035
Award: varies by financial need
• Must be the spouse, child, or widow of a retired, deceased, or active duty Army soldier. You can also be the child of
Grey Area Reservists/National Guard retired members.
Website/Application available at http://www.aerhq.org/:
Click link http://www.bigsunathletics.com/
Deadline: June 24, 2010
- Submit an essay answering the following question:
How has your participation in sports affected the person you are becoming?
- Submit an essay answering the following question:
The successful applicant will be:
- a high school senior or attending a post secondary institute
- and currently involved in some sport at that institution
CHICK-FIL-A Leadership Scholarship Program
- employed by Chick-fil-a
- active in school and community
- demonstrate strong leadership abilities and solid work ethic
Community Bankers Association of Georgia
Julian and Jan Hester Memorial Scholarship Foundation
Contact: Community Bankers Association of Georgia
1900 The Exchange, Suite 600
Atlanta, Ga 30339
Award: Minimum of four $1,000 scholarships
Deadline: April 2, 2010
- Be a Georgia high school senior entering college in Fall 2010
- Complete the 2010 application
- Submit an essay on community banking
- Submit one reference/qualification sheet from Mathematics, Science or Humanities Teacher
- Submit a high school Transcript and SAT scores, if available
Check website for details: http://www.cbaofga.com/
Fannie Wilder Educational Fund Scholarship
Phone: (866) 608-0001
Award: Determined by market value of scholarship fund assets
Deadline: April 15, 2010
- High school senior or any student currently enrolled in college
- Resident of Georgia
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Demonstrates financial need
- Demonstrates worthy and talented characteristics
- Apply online at http://www.wachoviascholars.com/ or request an application by mail
- Scholarship amounts will be determined by the market value of the scholarship fund assets each year as determined by the Trustee, Wachovia Bank
- Scholarships may be renewable for up to three additional years provided the recipient maintains a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the end of each semester
IRS Hope Tax Credit
Internal Revenue Service
Regional offices listed at http://www.irs.gov/
Award: Up to $1,500
Deadline: file with annual taxes
- Award in the form of tax credit determined by IRS criteria such as amount paid for qualified tuition and related expenses and income.
- Must be student in the first two years of college or other eligible post-secondary training.
- May not take the credit if claimed as a dependant on another person’s tax return, if filing status is married filing separately, or if adjusted gross income is $110,000 or more if married filing jointly or $55,000 or more if single, head of household, or qualifying widower.
- Must file form 8863 with US income taxes.
- Refer to FAQ at http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw85.html for details.
Ongoing Poetry Contest
Contact: The International Library of Poetry
One Poetry Plaza
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Phone: (410) 356-2000
- Submit poem online.
- Open to everyone.
Check website for details http://poetry.com/contest/contest.asp
Voice of Democracy Audio Essay Competition
Veterans of Foreign Wars
406 West 34 th St.
Kansas City, Missouri 64111
Award: Up to $30,000
Deadline: November 1, 2009
- Scholarship requires applicant to voice their opinion in a three to five minute essay based on an annual theme in the scope of patriotism.
- May not be a foreign exchange student.
- Must be younger than 20 years of age.
- Must provide a 3-5 minute essay recorded on a standard cassette tape or CD on the given theme for the year.
- Must make submissions to local VFW post.
- Check with http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm?fa=cmty.leveld&did=150 for application.
Wal-Mart Associate and Community Scholarships
*Refer to the following link for information on how to apply for the various scholarships offered by the Wal-Mart Foundation. Online Applications become available in October of each year. http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=765
Walter Harrison Scholarship offered by Georgia EMCs
- Open to high school seniors and undergraduate students attending any vocational school or two- or four-year accredited college or university in Georgia.
- Applications must be submitted to your local electric co-op for consideration. For more information, or to apply for a scholarship, please contact your local EMC.