Let's Get Started...
- Note UWG Priority Dates
- A student interested in federal financial aid (loans, grants) must complete the FAFSA; Free Application for Federal Student Aid at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The application becomes available each year on Jan.1 and must be renewed each year.
Helpful Hints for completing the FAFSA:
1) You must have your previous year's tax returns accessible and your parent previous year's tax returns if you are a dependent student.
2) To help you complete the FAFSA online, you may download a worksheet from http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/before012.htm.
3) The FAFSA must be signed by student and parents. The application process is faster if you use the elctronic PIN (Personal Identification Number) to sign the FAFSA. You can apply for the pin at http://www.pin.ed.gov/ ahead of time or wait and apply while filling out the application.
4) You must provide your school's federal code. The UWG school code is 001601.
- A student interested in the HOPE scholarship or other State scholarships (such as Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship) must complete the GSFAPPS at http://www.gacollege411.org/. The GSFAPPS is a one time only application and does not have to be renewed each year.
- A student interested in UWG scholarships can visit http://www.westga.edu/financialAid/index_2858.php The application becomes available each year on January 2. The deadline to submit the application is March 1 of each year.