One down & three to go...
Now that you have completed the FAFSA and have been admitted to UWG, you will need to ensure that your financial aid application is complete.
In some cases you may have to provide additional documentation to our office.
Respond to any requests for additional information quickly! Requests for additional information can be found on your assigned my.westga.edu account. Please check your account frequently and after additional documents are submitted to financial aid.
Responding to the FAFSA:
The FAFSA that you submitted is processed by the Central Processing System (CPS) which generates an electronic Student Aid Report (SAR). The following are some helpful hints to ensure that you have a valid SAR:
- Review your SAR for accuracy.
- Pay particular attention to the information summary in part one and the income figures in part two.
- If corrections are required, contact our office about your SAR before mailing it back to the processor.
- If you do not receive your SAR within four weeks, contact the CPS at 1-800-433-3243.
Responding to UWG:
Based on your responses to the questions on the FAFSA, we may need additional information to validate your financial aid application. If additional information is requested, you will receive a letter from our office indicating the item(s) needed to complete your application. Some of the more common documentation requests include:
- Verification of income
- Verification of Social Security information
- Verification of previous Federal loan amounts borrowed
- Verification of Selective Service registration
- Verification of Immigration & Naturalization status