Parents' Information Page
Welcome to the UWG Family!
As a parent, you may feel somewhat overwhelmed by financing your student’s college education. The Department of Financial Aid at UWG would like to assist you in making this process less stressful. We have created this website to provide you with tools, information, dates and links that we hope will be helpful. The world of financial aid changes frequently and we will keep you informed and up to date on this webpage.
Our staff is dedicated to assisting you in the financial aid process. We value your thoughts and opinions and invite you to share your suggestions as to how we may best assist you with financial aid. We look forward to assisting you with your questions and would encourage you to explore the information we have provided for you.
Helpful Links for UWG Parents
- 10 Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - FERPA
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my student dependent or independent?
- How often do we complete the FAFSA?
- How do I talk to my student about money?
- What is a Parent PLUS loan?
- What is a college budget?
- What is Orientation and should I attend?
- What is an EFC or Expected Family Contribution?
Helpful Hints from UWG Freshmen Parents
"I found that adding deadline dates to my computer calendar and/or a pocket calendar was very helpful during my daughter's freshman year. We, as parents, tend to get very wrapped up in so many areas of our lives that time goes by very quickly. It is very easy to miss an important deadline date to sign up for classes, financial aid, or to make sure tuition fees are paid on time. Make your child an active participant in the process and have him or her to do the same thing. This way one of you will remind the other what needs to be taken care of by a certain date."
-Liz, mother of a first year freshman, Fall 2007