Payment of Fees
The following points are important facts to remember regarding your student account and how financial aid will be credited:
- Incoming Freshmen - Federal grants and the Georgia HOPE Scholarship will be credited to your account as quickly as possible after you have completed the proper applications.
- Your student loan will be credited toward your account once we have a completed Entrance Counseling Session and a signed Master Promissory Note on file. A Master Promissory Note is created for you after your first loan has been processed. You must sign the prom note electronically with your Federal Pin Number before your loan will disburse.
- If you advance register, you must have your financial aid in place before any money will be credited to your student account. You must pay any amount not covered by financial aid by the fee payment deadline each semester. This date will appear on your bill when you register for classes or in the registration bulletin (SCOOP) each term. If your financial aid is more than is needed to cover your account (tuition, fees, residence hall, and meal plan), the over award funds will be credited to your West Georgia HigherOne Card approximately one week after the last day of drop/add.
- Short-term loans for books may be available through the Bursar's Office, located in Aycock Hall, at the end of the preceding term and the beginning of the current term. You can apply for the Short-term loan through your BanWeb account.
- For information regarding the fee schedule click here.
- Important: If you have not completed the entire financial aid process (completed necessary documents and completed the loan entrance session), you must pay all of your fees by check, cash, money order, webcheck, Discover, American Express, or Mastercard. Payments are made to the Bursar's Office in Aycock Hall. You can be reimbursed with your financial aid once your financial aid file is complete.