UWG 1101: First-Year Seminar
UWG 1101 is a 2-credit hour course offered to first-year students to ease the transition into college life. Course topics include:
- Learning strategies for academic success
- Career development
- Maintaining emotional, mental, and physical health
- Campus resources and more!
Some sections of UWG 1101 are specialized to support specific populations of students. Specialized sections include:
- Emerging Leaders*
- Multicultural Achievement Program (MAP) mentoring for minority students*
- Science and math majors
- Students interested in LGBTQ topics
- Student athletes and more!
*These first-year programs are part of a larger university program that offers continued support and opportunities for students throughout their UWG career.