Educator Certification Program Details
Method of Delivery
Credit & Transfer
Total semester hours required to earn a degree:
Maximum Hours Transferable into program:
Tuition & Fees
Online courses and programs can mean a huge cost-savings in many ways. No more high gas charges. No childcare needed. The flexibility can allow one to maintain a job while attending school. Out-of-state students are not charged non-resident tuition rates.
The completion of an accredited online degree also increases your earning potential.
The bottom line - value.
Our online courses are as affordable as you will find among accredited schools.
For the most up-to-date and accurate cost information, see the Bursar's Office website at http://www.westga.edu/bursar/. (Fully online courses appear as NET charges on the bottom of the Bursar's spreadsheets.)
This describes the general course work required for this program
This describes the general information about faculty for this program.
Guidelines for Admittance
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required.
- Applicants should also review the Graduate Studies Website for individual program specific requirements and tasks that must be completed prior to admission. See Graduate Studies Application Process.
- International applicants are subject to additional requirements and application deadlines. See Procedures for International Students.
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Admissions Office.
General admissions deadlines are typically:
- Fall - June 1
- Spring - Nov 15
- Summer - May 15
* Application, app fee, and document deadline; Dates may vary for Readmit, Transfer, and Transient students.
See The Scoop for more specific deadlines: http://www.westga.edu/registrar/766.php
Specific graduate deadlines are listed here: http://www.westga.edu/gradstudies/important-dates.php
Admission Process Checklist
The Graduate Studies Application Process checklist is available here: http://www.westga.edu/gradstudies/apply-now.php
One exception: If you will not ever be travelling to a UWG campus or site, you may apply for an Immunization Exemption. Contact the Immunization Clerk with your request.
|Admission Deadline||Registration||Begin/End||Payment Due||Drop/Add||Exams|
|Fall 2012||Jun 1||Mar 26-Jul 7||Aug 20-Dec 7||Jul 30||Aug 20-24||Dec 3-7|
- Knowledge: Candidates understand and apply the central concepts, tools of inquiry and structures of the discipline(s) he or she teaches.
- Skills: Candidates create learning experiences for students that include appropriate adaptations for diverse learners, a variety of instructional strategies, appropriate assessment, and reflection to foster student learning.
- Skills: Candidates plan and implement appropriate learning experiences, experiences aligned with local, state and national standards to affect student learning.
- Dispositions: Candidates demonstrate dispositions essential to becoming effective professionals.