UWG Certificate Program Details
Integrative Health is one of the fastest growing areas in health care, yet there are very few higher education options for students wishing to enter the field of holistic or alternative medicine. The UWG psychology department teamed up with noted experts and key leaders in alternative and holistic medicine to develop the Integrative Health Studies Certificate program, a new pathway for learning in this growing area of medicine.
Combining the strengths of conventional and alternative systems of healing, integrative health is an exciting field for students preparing for clinical licensure as well as health care professionals who are already licensed. The mission of the Integrative Health Studies (IHS) Certification is to facilitate the development of leadership in integrative health by providing a solid theoretical foundation and an introduction to best practices of mind-body medicine.
This program is designed for current master's program students, alternative/holistic health practitioners, nontraditional learners and other students seeking to enter the field of mind-body medicine with a broader knowledge base. Currently enrolled students include master's degree candidates, professional counselors, and healing professionals from a variety of practice areas such as licensed massage therapists, wellness coaches, nutritionists, fitness instructors and practitioners of body-centered healing therapies. Some students choose to pursue the IHS certificate in tandem with a master's degree, and the flexible list of electives makes this entirely feasible. Other students may elect to obtain only the IHS certificate without obtaining a master's degree.
Method of Delivery
Face to Face 50%
Credit & Transfer
Total semester hours required to earn a degree:
Maximum Hours Transferable into program:
Tuition & Fees
Online courses and programs can mean a huge cost-savings in many ways. No more high gas charges. No childcare needed. The flexibility can allow one to maintain a job while attending school. Out-of-state students are not charged non-resident tuition rates.
The completion of an accredited online degree also increases your earning potential.
The bottom line - value.
Our online courses are as affordable as you will find among accredited schools.
For the most up-to-date and accurate cost information, see the Bursar's Office website at http://www.westga.edu/bursar/. (Fully online courses appear as NET charges on the bottom of the Bursar's spreadsheets.)
IHC Course of Study
- Horizon Seminar: Introduction to Integrative Health Studies
- Horizon Seminar: Trends in Integrative Health (Prerequisites: Introduction to Integrative Health Studies)
- Horizon Seminar: Final Culminating Seminar (Prerequisites: Introduction to Integrative Health, Trends in Integrative Health Studies, and four approved elective courses.
Approved Elective Course List
Below are acceptable electives - others will be permitted with consent of the director of the integrative health studies program.
Horizon Seminar: Tao of Healing
Horizon Seminar: Integrative Mental Health
Psychology of Mind/Body
Psychology of Dreams
Human Growth and Potential
Values, Meaning and Spirituality
Music and the Mind
Eastern and Transpersonal Psychology
Practicum: Experience in Human Services (Integrative Health Services)
Biology of Aging
Health Care Delivery Systems
Foundations of Nutrition
Sociology of Mental Health/Illness
Body and Society
Sociology of Emotions
This describes the general information about faculty for this program.
Guidelines for Admittance
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required.
- Applicants should also review the Graduate Studies Website for individual program specific requirements and tasks that must be completed prior to admission. See Graduate Studies Application Process.
- International applicants are subject to additional requirements and application deadlines. See Procedures for International Students.
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Admissions Office.
* Application, app fee, and document deadline; Dates may vary for Readmit, Transfer, and Transient students.
See The Scoop for more specific deadlines: http://www.westga.edu/registrar/766.php
Specific graduate deadlines are listed here: http://www.westga.edu/gradstudies/important-dates.php
Admission Process Checklist
Please see the Graduate Studies Application Process checklist for the Integrative Health Studies Certificate.
Specific dates for Admissions (Undergraduate Only), Financial Aid, Fee Payment, Registration, Start/End of Term Dates, Final Exams, etc. are available in THE SCOOP at http://www.westga.edu/registrar/766.php.
Specific Graduate Admissions Deadlines: