Educator Certification (non-degree)
College of Education
9 - 18 months| Credit Hours: 12
The Certification in Media (Instructional Technology Concentration) is for students who wish to add certification in Instructional Technology but do not wish to earn another advanced degree. The certification is relevant to teachers and other school personnel employed in Georgia who already hold at least a Level 5 Certification with the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. The Certification in Media (Instructional Technology Concentration) may be completed in 2 – 4 semesters. For example, students may take two courses for two semesters or take one course per semester for four semesters.
12-24 months| Credit Hours: Varies
The online Post-Baccalaureate Non-degree Certification in Media (School Library Media) program is designed to prepare educators in the following ways:
- Preparing progressive, innovative, academically grounded school library specialists and instructional technology leaders;
- Enabling teachers and school library media specialists to successfully integrate technology into their learning environments to support student learning;
- Building and enhancing skills in research and program evaluation to support instructional growth and improvement;
- Pioneering innovative delivery options to maximize educational experiences;
- Cultivating diversity of ideas, values, and persons responsive to changing needs and technologies; and
- Promoting the advancement of learning through scholarship and service.