Call the Graduate Studies Associate in the College or School that offers the program you are interested in. If you’re unsure who to call, feel free to call any one of them, as they will help connect you to the right person.
Students admitted to UWG's online programs learn the same material and benefit from the same rigorous and high-quality learning experiences as campus-based students. They also enjoy frequent interactions with the instructor and other classmates.
You may never see or meet your online instructor, but you’ll have even more access than you would in a classroom setting. Instead of being limited to asking questions during class or office hours, online students have direct access to instructors via email, message boards, or phone.
- Online courses often require at least as much, if not more, time and commitment than traditional courses.
- They often require far more reading, as much of the information is text based.
- With the increased freedom and flexibility comes responsibility. Without the structure of regular class meetings, it will be up to you to stay motivated, pace yourself, and keep up with assignments.
- Successful online students are also not afraid to proactively seek solutions to technical or logistical challenges or speak up and ask for assistance when needed.
- In some cases, proctored exams may be required but will be made available at a site convenient to where you live.
Online courses can be a good choice for those who need flexibility, those who work best when given time to review content and post thoughtful responses to questions posed, and those who are self-disciplined.
For a free web-based assessment of your potential, see http://goml.readi.info/
Hybrid courses offer the best of online and on-campus courses, in that they mix online and face-to-face instruction. For example, a professor may design a hybrid course so that the class uses online instruction half the time and then meets face-to-face for the remainder of the semester.
It really depends how you prefer to learn. Some students like the freedom associated with a completely online course. Others want to interact face-to-face with classmates and the professor in the same classroom. Still others like to do both.
Visit the Apply Now page.
All business processes are available online or by phone.
For payment of tuition or fees, see http://www.westga.edu/bursar/index_1567.php.
For financial aid, see http://www.westga.edu/finaid/.