Theses & Dissertations
Format Review and Binding
Doctoral students and master’s students (thesis track) submit copies of the thesis or dissertation for processing and binding after the successful defense and changes required by the thesis or dissertation committee have been made.
- Students should follow the guidelines in the Thesis & Dissertation Formatting Guidelines Handbook. All students except those in the College of Education should submit the thesis or dissertation to the Format Reviewer in the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. It is strongly recommended that the student submit the thesis or dissertation as early as possible to provide sufficient time for the format check, as well as time to make changes identified by the Format Reviewer. After the Format Reviewer approves the form of the document, the student submits the required number of copies to the Library for binding.
- College of Education students work through the COE Graduate Studies Office to complete the formatting, processing and binding steps. Each COE doctoral program has its own handbook that includes information about formatting the dissertation and working through the format review process. Students are advised to speak with the relevant doctoral program directors.
The student has full responsibility for ensuring that all copies of the thesis or dissertation are correct in content and form.
Due Date to Submit Thesis or Dissertation to Library for Binding
Submission of the thesis or dissertation to the Library for binding is a graduation requirement for doctoral students and master’s students on the thesis track. Students must submit the required number of copies determined by the graduate program to the Library for binding by the due dates noted below. Planning ahead will ensure that students have ample opportunity to complete all changes before the deadlines noted below.
- Spring Graduation - April 12
- Summer Graduation - July 12
- Fall Graduation - November 26
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, then it is due on the following workday by 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: All costs incurred for binding and processing the thesis or dissertation are the responsibility of the student.