Below is a list of available assistantships for the Spring 2015 semester, which includes: the number of available positions, contact person for the department, job duties and qualifications. If you are interested in applying for one of the positions, you should contact the person listed under that department's posting. The postings are updated frequently.
Please send your application to the department you are applying to.
UTeach - College of Education
Contact Person: Lauren Book
Number of Available Positions: 1-2
- Provide exceptional customer service with a professional demeanor to all persons coming into the office.
- Provide administrative assistance for the office.
- Provide assistance with materials inventory for the UTeach Program.
- Assist students with their needs for their lessons.
- Preference will be given to students majoring in any Math or Science disciplines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Follows directions
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Days & Hours Needed: Monday-Friday, hours are specific to needs of classes (will be discussed in interview)
Hours Per Week: 19
Semester Salary: $3,000
Start Date: January 6, 2015
Additional Requirements: Applications are to be turned in to the Departmental Assistant in the Education Annext - UTeach/Fusion Center by November 19, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. Application must be printed and stapled.
Contact Person: Dr. Beth Roepnack
Number of Available Positions: 1
Position Description: UWG Online is looking for a graduate student to assist online faculty & students using CourseDen - D2L, our campus' online Learning Management Tool and related online applications. The assistant will field help e-mails, phone calls, assist with faculty and/or student related projects, and other projects as needed.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Training is provided, but all applicants should also be proficient/experienced in these general skills areas:
- Customer service
- Ability to communicate effectively - in person, over the phone, and email with attention to proper etiquette and detail
- Knowledge of "Distance/Online coursework" environment
- Basic computer knowledge
- Software programs such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Critical thinking, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, and project-completion with the ability to work within given processes and independently
- Previous experience:
- Previous call center experience a plus
- Previously taken online courses a plus
- Audio/visual production a plus
Days & Hours Needed: Tuesdays and Thursdays are required
Hours Per Week: 20 (maximum)
Semester Salary: $3.600
Additional Requirements: Resume/list of qualifications, estimated graduation date, class schedule, and 2-3 references