Below is a list of available assistantships for the Spring 2015 semester, which includes: the number of available positions, contact person for the department, job duties and qualifications. If you are interested in applying for one of the positions, you should contact the person listed under that department's posting. The postings are updated frequently.
Please send your application to the department you are applying to.
Ingram Library - Special Collections
Number of Available Positions: 1
- Arrange and describe archival collections
- Prepare inventories and finding aids of archival collections
- Re-house materials as necessary
- Retrieve and re-shelve record storage boxes
- Research archival subjects pertaining to collections in processing
- Search complex printed and online bibliographic tools in support of adding materials to Special Collections
- Work may include digitization and creation of metadata
- Minimum of 3.6 GPA (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 40 pounds and climb stepladders
- Ability to be productive while working independently
- Ability to respect privacy, security, and careful handling protocols
Days & Hours Needed: Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:00-5:00. Exact schedule to be negotiated.
Hours Per Week: 15
Semester Salary: $3,000 (pro-rated for summer)
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for 3 references
- Unofficial transcript