Handbook at The University of West Georgia

Log On

Appendix N: Other Student Complaints

Student Complaints

If a student has a complaint which is not specifically addressed in the Connection and Student Handbook, he or she should submit a written description to the department head who has responsibility for the area of concern. The department head or designee will investigate the compliant, take action if necessary, and respond to the student in writing. If the student is not satisfied with the department head's resolution, he or she may then complain in writing to that individual's immediate supervisor. Such appeals, if necessary, may proceed to the department head's dean of college. In certain circumstances, students may also request mediation to resolve disputes with other students, faculty, and staff, as described in the university's Alternative Dispute Resolution Policy (available through www.westga.edu/policy).