About Performance Management
The ability to fulfill the University’s mission largely rests in the hands of our employees. We recognize that the quality, focus, and commitment of the University’s workforce are integral parts of overall institutional effectiveness. Performance management is designed to help:
- Achieve the University’s strategic goals.
- Encourage personal, professional and career development.
- Recognize and reward meritorious performance.
- Foster employee productivity.
We strive to create a working environment whereby we:
- Align employee efforts with larger University goals in order to support the fulfillment of the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop a highly skilled, diverse, and productive workforce.
- Establish a positive, collegial, inclusive, and welcoming work climate.
- Value continuous improvement.
- Employ a consistent, fair and collaborative performance management process.
- Encourage timely and meaningful communication between supervisors and employees regarding expectations and feedback.
The UWG performance management process is the foundation upon which our working environment is built. Effective performance management:
- Creates a climate in which employees are valued, motivated and recognized for their contributions; and in which they are treated in a manner that is fair, consistent, and in alignment with UWG policies and practices.
- Considers performance evaluation outcomes in determining employee eligibility for merit increases, promotions, and other actions.
- Encourages ongoing communication and engagement from both employees and supervisors.
- Holds both employees and supervisors accountable for their roles in this process including timely, thorough completion of written performance evaluations.