The Department of Financial Aid is here to assist you in the application process for all types of financial aid. We award both federal and state funds as well as institutional scholarships. Financial Aid is available to eligible students in the forms of grants, scholarships, loans and work programs. Available grants include the Pell, Federal SEOG, ACG, Smart Grant and LEAP. Scholarships are offered to both new and continuing students. There are also different types of student loans available to students and parents.
To be considered for federal and state financial aid, you must be admitted to the university and complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA should request that the information be sent to the University of West Georgia (001601). If you have Internet access, you can review financial aid information and find links to the FAFSA web application as well as other applications and forms at the Financial Aid website.
- January 1 - FAFSA Available
- January 1 to March1 - General Scholarship Applications available
- March 1 - General Scholarship Application Deadline
- June 30 - Last day to submit a FAFSA for the current academic year
- July 1 - Priority date to have all documents submitted if you need your financial aid to cover your advance registration for Fall Semester
Every student must refile for aid each year!