Setting up Apple Mail.app with SSL-IMAPNote that this page does not describe setting up thunderbird for use with the UWG faculty-staff email server. For that, click here.
- From the Mail menu, select Preferences....
- In the preferences window, click on the Accounts icon at the top.
- Click on the Account Information tab.
- In the Description field, enter any descriptive label you like.
- In the Email address field, enter your myUWG email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the Full name field, enter your full name.
- In the Incoming Mail Server: field, type in my.westga.edu.
- In the User Name field, type in the username that you use to log in to myUWG.
- In the Password field, type in the password that you use to log in to myUWG.
- Click on the Server Settings... button at the bottom of the window.
- Enter my.westga.edu for the Outgoing Mail Server.
- Check the box next to Use Secure Sockets Layer(SSL).
- The default server port of 25 is NOT correct. Set this to port 465 instead.
- For Authentication, choose Password from the drop down menu.
- Enter your myUWG username in the User Name: box.
- Enter your myUWG password in the Password: box.
- Click the OK button to close the server settings window.
- Click on the Advanced Tab of the mail preferences window.
- At the bottom of this window click on the Use SSL box. The port number should change to 993.
- For Authentication, choose Password from the drop down menu
- Close the mail preferences window.
You are finished setting up your IMAP client.