ITS is happy to announce a new service , The UWG General Use VPN (Virtual Private Network). The UWG VPN allows anyone with a valid UWG email address and a desktop or laptop that meets basic requirements to send and receive email using the campus mail servers AND connect remotely to your campus computer, providing access to all of the files and applications on your machine here on campus. The Gen VPN is available to anyone with a valid University of West Georgia email address.
System requirements include:
- administrative access to a Windows-Based PC (must be running XP, Vista or Windows 7) or
- an Intel Apple Macintosh (must be running OS X 10.4 or later) and
- a high-speed connection to the internet
The Gen VPN will allow you to
- Send email using the campus mail servers, just as you do while on campus
- Connect remotely to your campus Windows based computer
Please call the ITS Service Desk at 678-839-6587 if you have any questions.