The steps to set up email on your Android device might be a little different depending on your make/model and your network provider
You will need to be connected to the Internet via WiFi or your provider's network to complete this process.
Although theAndroid Mail supports POP, we recommend using IMAP. POP works best when you only check email from one computer or device.
Setting Up An Email Account on Your Android Device
1. Open your device's email application.
2. If you already have an email account set up, press Menu and tap Accounts. Press Menu again and tap Add account.
3. Tap the Email Address field and type in your myUWG email address.
4. Tap the Password field and type in your myUWG ID password.
5. When finished, tap Next.
6. Select IMAP.
7. Under Incoming server setting, tap the Username field and type your myUWG ID.
8. If the password is not filled from the previous screen, tap Password and type in your myUWG ID Password.
9. Tap the IMAP server field and type in: my.westga.edu.
10. Under Port field, type in: 993.
11. Under Security type, make sure SSL (always) is selected.
12. Once finished, tap Next.
13. Under Outgoing server settings, tap the SMTP server field and type in my.westga.edu.
14. Tap the Port field and enter 465.
15. Make sure Require sign-in is selected.
16. Make sure your Username is your myUWG ID and your myUWGID password is your Password.
17. Tap Next
18. Review your options under Account Options. You may change your options to best suit your needs.
19. Tap Next.
20. Name your Account (optional) and enter the name you want to display on outgoing messages.
21. Tap Done.
22. Once complete, send a message to your self to make sure that everything is working.