connectWest Manual Wireless Setup Instructions for Kindle Fire
1. In order to successfully complete these instructions, your Kindle Fire must be on campus and able to connect to the wireless network. Note: Your Kindle Fire must have already completed its initial setup before attempting to connect to the connectWest wireless network.
2. From the home screen, click on the “Settings” icon located in the upper right hand corner.
3. From the list of option, click on the “Wi-Fi” icon.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the list of available networks and select “Add a Network”.
5. A new window will appear prompting you to enter information about the network you would like to create. In the “Network SSID” field enter “connectWestSEC”. (Note: The Network SSID field is case sensitive. You must enter the name of the network exactly for it to connect correctly.) In the “Security” field, select “WPA2 PSK”.
6. On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter additional information about the network. In the field labeled “EAP Method”, select “PEAP” from the list of options. In the “Phase 2 Authentication” field, select “MSCHAPV2” from the drop-down menu.
7. In the fields labeled “Identity” and “Password”, please enter your specific login credentials. For “Identity”, enter the first portion of your UWG e-mail. For instance, an individual with the email address email@example.com would enter jdoe24 as their identity.
STUDENTS: In the password field, enter the last two digits of your birth year and the last four digits of your SSN (no spaces).
FACULTY and STAFF: In the password field, enter your Windows Domain Account Password.
When finished, click “Save”.
8. You are now connected to connectWestSEC.