connectWest Manual Wireless Setup Instructions for iPhone or iPod Touch
1. In order to successfully complete these instructions, your iPhone or iPod Touch must be on campus and able to connect to the wireless network.
2. From the home screen, click on the “Settings” icon.
3. Open the list of wireless networks by selecting “Wi-Fi” from the “Settings” menu. From the list of wireless networks, select “Other”.
4. After selecting “Other”, you will be prompter to enter the name of the network you would like to add along with additional information about the specific network. Enter “connectWestSEC” in the “Name” (Note: The name field is case sensitive. You must enter the network name exactly as it appears). To select the appropriate network security settings, click on the arrow in the “Security” field. From the options, select “WPA2 Enterprise”.
After making this selection, you will be prompted to enter your login credentials. In the “Username” field, enter the first portion of your UWG e-mail. For instance, an individual with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org would enter jdoe24 as their username.
STUDENTS: In the password field, enter the last two digits of your birth year and the last four digits of your SSN (no spaces).
FACULTY and STAFF: In the password field, enter your domain account password.
When finished, click “Join”.
5. You will then be directed to a screen asking for you to accept the certificate associated with the connectWestSEC network. Click “Accept”. Under “Settings”, “connectWestSEC” will now be listed as a network and will join whenever the device is in range.