connectWest Manual Wireless Setup Instructions for ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T (Ice Cream Sandwich OS)
1. In order to successfully complete these instructions, your device must be on campus and able to connect to the wireless network.
2. Open the list of wireless networks by selecting “Wi-Fi” from the “Settings” menu. Click “Add Network” located above the list of wireless networks.
3. After selecting “Add Network”, you will be prompted to enter the name of the network along with additional information about the network. Enter “connectWestSEC” in the “Network SSID” field. (Note: the Network SSID field is case sensitive. You must enter it exactly as it appears in this text.) To select the appropriate network security settings, choose “None” from the drop-down menu. Click “Save” when finished.
4. After making this selection, a new window will appear prompting you to enter additional information about connectWestSEC. In the "Security" field, select "802.1xEAP". In the "EAP method” field, select “PEAP” from the drop-down menu. In the field labeled “Phase 2 authentication”, select "MSCHAPV2" from the list of options. In the “Identity” field, enter the first portion of your UWG e-mail. For instance, an individual with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org would enter “jdoe24” as their username.
STUDENTS: In the password field, enter the last two digits of your birth year and the last four digits of your SSN (no spaces).
FACULTY and STAFF: In the password field, enter your Windows Domain Account Password.
When finished, click “Save”.
5. Under “Wi-Fi”, “connectWestSEC” will now be listed as a network and will join whenever the device is in range. Note: If connectWest is still listed under your list of available networks, simply click on the network and opt to "Remove" or "Forget" this network. Doing this will ensure that your device consistently connects to the correct wireless network.