connectWest Device Setup Instructions for ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T (Ice Cream Sandwich OS)
1. In order to successfully complete these instructions, your device must be on campus and able to connect to the connectWest wireless network.
2. Prior to installing the connectWest wireless profile to your device, please go to the “Security” menu located under “Settings” and make sure that “Unknown sources” is selected. This will allow the profile to be installed on your device.
3. Return to settings and click on “Wi-Fi”. Note: Please make sure that “Wi-Fi” is switched to the “On” position. Then, select the “connectWest” wireless network. A window will appear confirming your request to connect. To continue click “Connect”.
4. After making this selection, open the web browser on your device. A “Log In” screen will appear prompting you to select your affiliation (Student/Faculty/Staff or Guest). Select Student/Faculty/Staff. Note: If this page does not immediately appear, attempt to visit another non-UWG webpage. This should result in the screen appearing as shown below.
5. You will be prompted to further select your affiliation: Student or Faculty/Staff. Select the appropriate affiliation.
6. Based on your affiliation, you will be given instructions regarding your username and password. READ THIS CAREFULLY to determine your username and password. You will need this information for later steps. Click on the “Continue” button to continue.
7. Accept the Terms and Agreement for the End-user License Agreement and click “Start”.
8. After clicking “Start”, will be taken to a new screen that will allow you to select the source from which the XpressConnect application will be downloaded. Select “Direct Download” from the drop-down menu and click install.
Note: An “Install blocked” window will appear if the change in security settings to accept content from unknown sources did not properly apply. Clicking “Settings” will take you to the “Security” menu where you can make sure the “Unknown Sources” box is selected. If it is not, select it again.
After making this selection, you will be asked to confirm this decision. Click “OK” to continue.
9. After making this selection, return to the browser and click on the XpressConnect completed download in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
10. A new window will appear asking your permission to install this application. Click “Install” to continue. After the installation has finished, click “Done”.
11. Click on the link below the install option to be walked through the device configuration process.
12. In the space provide, please enter your assigned user name and click “Continue” when finished. Note: Your username and password information was given to you in step 6 above. Please refer to the instructions you received on that page for your username and password.
A new window will appear informing you that you may have to enable a lock screen code on the next screen. Click “OK”.
13. After clicking “OK”, you will be taken to a screen indicating your device has been successfully added to the network. Click “Done”. If the installation was performed correctly, it will indicate that you are now connected to “connectWest” under “Wi-Fi”.