connectWest Device Setup Instructions for Motorolla Droid (Gingerbread OS)
1. In order to successfully complete these instructions, your device must be on campus and able to connect to the connectWest wireless network.
2. Prior to installing the connectWest wireless profile to your device, please go to “Application Settings” located under “Menu” and make sure that “Unknown sources” is selected. This will allow the profile to be installed on your device.
3. Return to settings and click on “Wi-Fi”. Note: Please make sure that “Wi-Fi” is switched to the “On” position. Then, select the “connectWest” wireless network.
4. After making this selection, a Welcome screen will appear prompting you to select your affiliation (Student/Faculty/Staff or Guest). Select Student/Faculty/Staff. Note: If this page does not immediately appear, open the web browser and attempt to visit a non-UWG webpage. The Welcome page should then appear.
5. You will be prompted to further select your affiliation: Student or Faculty/Staff. Select the appropriate affiliation.
6. Based on your affiliation, you will be given instructions regarding your username and password. READ THIS CAREFULLY to determine your username and password. You will need this information for later steps. Click on the "Continue" button to continue.
7. Accept the Terms and Agreement for the End-user License Agreement and click “Start”.
8. After clicking “Start”, will be taken to a new screen that will allow you to select the source from which the XpressConnect application will be downloaded. Select “Direct Download”.
After making this selection, click “Install”.
A new window will appear asking you to confirm the installation. Click “Install” to continue. Click “Done” after installation is complete.
9. A new window will appear prompting you to sign in. In the space provide, please enter your assigned user name and click “Continue” when finished. Note: Your username and password information was given to you in step 6 above. Please refer to the instructions you received on that page for your username and password.
10. After this selection, your device will begin to connect to the network. When complete, you will be taken to a screen indicating your device has been successfully added to the network. Click “Done”. If the installation was performed correctly, you will see that you are now connected to “connectWestSEC” under “Wi-Fi”.