connectWest Device Setup Instructions for Windows XP Laptop
1. In order to successfully complete these instructions, your laptop must be on campus and able to connect to the connectWest wireless network.
2. From your wireless network list, select “connectWest” and connect to the network.
3. After joining this network, open your web browser. A "Welcome" screen will appear prompting you to select your affiliation (Student/Faculty/Staff or Guest). Select Student/Faculty/Staff. Note: If this page does not appear, attempt to visit another non-UWG webpage. This should result in the Welcome page appearing.
4. You will be prompted to further select your affiliation: Student or Faculty/Staff. Select the appropriate affiliation.
5. Based on your affiliation, you will be given instructions regarding your username and password. READ THIS CAREFULLY to determine your username and password. You will need this information for later steps. Click on the "Continue" button to continue.
6. Accept the Terms and Agreement for the End-User License Agreement and click “Start”.
7. In the spaces provided, please enter your assigned username and password and click “Continue” when finished. Note: Your username and password information was given to you in step 5 above. Please refer to the instructions you received on that page for your username and password.
Note: While trying to connect to connectWest, a window may appear indicating that there is a wireless utility conflict. To resolve this, you, first, must be logged in as the administrator for your machine or have access to administrator’s password. With this in place, simply click “Continue” to resolve the issue.
8. A new screen will appear confirming that you have successfully connected to the connectWestSEC wireless network. Click “Done” to complete the process.