connectWest Device Setup Instructions for iPad
1. In order to successfully complete these instructions, your iPad must be on campus and able to connect to the connectWest wireless network. Note: your iPad must already be setup and functional prior to beginning the installation process.
2. From the home screen, click on the “Settings” icon.
3. Open the list of wireless networks from your wireless device and connect to the “connectWest” network.
4. After joining this network, open your web browser. A "Welcome" screen will appear prompting you to select your affiliation (Student/Faculty/Staff or Guest). Select Student/Faculty/Staff. Note: If this page does not appear, attempt to visit another non-UWG webpage. This should result in the Welcome page appearing.
5. You will be prompted to further select your affiliation: Student or Faculty/Staff. Select the appropriate affiliation.
6. Based on your affiliation, you will be given instructions regarding your username and password. READ THIS CAREFULLY to determine your username and password. You will need this information for later steps. Click on the "Continue" button to continue.
7. Accept the Terms and Agreement for the End-user License Agreement and click “Start”.
8. In the space provided, please enter your assigned username and click “Continue” when finished. Note: Your username and password information was given to you in step 6 above. Please refer to the instructions you received on that page for your username and password.
9. After clicking “Continue”, minimize the screen. A pop-up window labeled “Install Profile” should be visible under the “Settings” menu. Click “Install” to add “connectWestSEC” to your cache of wireless networks.
10. After clicking “Install”, a “Warning” window will appear on your screen. Do not be alarmed by this. This is just a standard security precaution that is in place because installing the “connectWestSEC” profile to your device will change its settings. These changes will not harm your device or adversely interfere with its functionality. Click “Install” to continue.
11. To verify that these changes are authorized by you, please enter the four-digit security code for your device.
12. After entering your security code, you will be prompted to enter your wireless account password. Note: Your username and password information was given to you in step 5 above. Please refer to the instructions you received on that page for your username and password.
13. A new screen will appear informing you that the profile has been installed. Click “Done”.
14. A new window will appear providing final instructions for joining “connectWestSEC”.
15. Under “Settings”, “connectWestSEC” will now be listed as a network and will join whenever the device is in range.