connectWest Manual Wireless Setup for Nook
1. In order to successfully complete these instructions, your Nook must be on campus and able to connect to the wireless network.
2. From the home screen, click on the “Wireless” icon located in the lower right-hand corner.
3. A “Quick Settings” window will appear above the home screen. Please make sure that “Wi-Fi” is moved to the “On” position. Now, click on the “gear” icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
4. A clicking on the “gear” icon, the “Settings” screen will now appear on the screen. Under “Device Settings”, click “Wireless”.
5. After making this selection, a new screen will appear listing all of the available networks in range. At the bottom of the list, click “Other Network”.
6. A new window will appear prompting you to enter information about the network you would like to create. In the “Network SSID” field enter “connectWestSEC”. In the “Security” field, select “802.1x EAP”. In the password field, enter the password associated with your UWG account.
In the fields labeled “Login” and “Wireless password”, please enter your specific login credentials. For “Login”, enter the first portion of your UWG e-mail. For instance, an individual with the email address firstname.lastname@example.org would enter “jdoe24” as their identity.
STUDENTS: In the password field, enter the last two digits of your birth year and the last four digits of your SSN (no spaces).
FACULTY and STAFF: In the password field, enter your domain account password.
When finished, click “Connect”.
7. You are now connected to connectWestSEC.