Wireless Access is currently available at the following locations:
- All Residence Hall Main Lobbies and Laundry Areas
- Adamson Hall 1st & 2nd Floor Atrium
- Alumni House
- Anthropolgy Building (Wolf Radio, Multimedia Support)
- Arbor Places All Rooms (Student Dorms)
- Art Building All Areas
- Biology Lobby Area, 1st Floor East and West
- Bonner House
- Bonner Lecture Hall
- Book Store 1st and 2nd Floors
- Boyd All Floors
- Callaway 2nd Floor Common Areas
- Campus Center Aerobics Area, All Ballrooms, and Game Room
- Cobb Hall All Floors
- CoE All Floors and Lecture Halls
- Coliseum 2nd Floor Offices & 3rd Floor Classrooms
- Facilities AEC Building and Training Room
- Geography Building in the LRC Office area
- Greek Village Common Building
- Greek Village Buildings A-P
- Health Services
- Honors House
- Humanities 1st Floor Server Room, 2nd Floor Atrium Area, and 3rd Floor
- Library All Floors
- Outside Mandeville Hall on Front Campus Drive
- Outside Area Between Martha Monroe and the Library
- Melson Hall 2nd Floor Near Stairs
- Murphy Locker Room
- Newnan Campus, All Buildings
- Outside Area Between Murphy Athletics & Love Valley
- Pafford Hall 1st Floor
- Pafford Hall 2nd Floor Lobby
- RCOB All Floors
- Row Hall
- Sanford Hall 2nd Floor Conference Room and President’s Office
- Stadium, Main Building
- Strozier Hall
- TLC 1st Floor Atrium Area
- TLC 2nd Floor Center and West
- TLC 3rd Floor Center
- TLC Comp Science Offices and Lab
- Townsend Center Common Areas
- UCC 1st Floor Food Court
- UCC 2nd Floor Subway and Surf Center
- UCC Deck Overlooking Love Valley
- University Suites Commons Building
- Visitors Center
- Waring Lab
- Women's Field House
- Z6 Dining Hall
To connect to the UWG Wireless Network, follow the following steps:
- Open your internet browser and try to load a page.
- A web page with a login screen will appear.
- Enter your myUWG email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password to authenticate. You will be automatically redirected to your default browser screen.
Note: Once you have authenticated your connection is no longer encrypted by UWG. This means that any data sent over unencrypted web pages may be intercepted by malicious users. You can verify that a web site has encryption enabled by looking for the “padlock” symbol in the corners of your browser window.
Q: Will my wireless connection work anywhere ACCESSUWG is available?
A: Yes, all you need to do is type in your user ID (full email address) and password at the prompt on the “Log-in page” and it will work in any of the wireless zones listed on this site.
Q: When I try to use the wireless, no matter what website I try to access I only get this one page; how do I get to where I am trying to go?
A: When you first connect to ACCESSUWG, the only website you can get to is the “Login page”. You must type in your user ID (full email address) and password at the prompt on the “Login page” to be able to move beyond this page.
Q: Can I use an Apple iPhone or other web enable device, or is the network only available for laptops?
A: ACCESSUWG is accessible from any device capable of browsing the internet. Check here or on the “Login page” for additional instructions.
Q: On certain occasions, I have trouble connecting, even though I am within a wireless network zone. Why is that?
A: Wireless connections are susceptible to possible radio interference due to weather, other wireless devices, or obstructions like buildings and trees. In this case, try moving to another location within the wireless zone. Keep in mind that ACCESSUWG is not intended as a replacement for wired network access. If you are trying to access course material or attend an on-line class, wired network access is provided for faculty and staff use in their offices and classrooms while students have access to several conveniently located computer labs.
Q: I can barely see my computer screen outside. Is there something I can do to improve the display?
A: When outside in daylight, it may help you to raise the brightness level on your screen. Note that on some laptops you must use a certain combination of keyboard keys to adjust the brightness level. If you are unsure how to adjust to the brightness level on your screen, refer to the documentation that came with your computer.
Faculty and Staff should contact their helpdesk for further details or to request wireless access.
When connected to ACCESSUWG, please keep in mind that your wireless session is not encrypted by the University. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that any information you send over the wireless network is secure. The University has available for your use a VPN client that will encrypt your connection to the network. The client and instructions for its use can be found here.