MyUWG is an innovative tool designed to simplify the process of using email, Banweb, WebCT and more. It provides a central login and url for access to most everything a student needs at UWG.
User ID: By now hopefully you have heard of MyUWG in correspondence sent out from various departments. Such correspondence should have reflected your username for MyUWG. Your username is made up of your first initial and by up to 6 characters of your last name followed by a series of numbers.
Note: If you do not know your username, visit http://myuwg.westga.edu/ and click on "How Do I Get A Username and Password." This link will take you to a form where you can enter either your Social Security Number or your Student ID number and it will return your MyUWG user id and the formula used for your password.
Initial Password: Your initial password is set as the last 2 digits of your birth year, followed by last 4 digits of your SSN. For users who have already accessed BanWeb, try your current BanWeb PIN.
MyUWG features a broad variety of online tools and information for students. Most of the information is categorized using "tabs" and "channels."
When you first log in to MyUWG, you will notice a series of "tabs" near the top of the screen. Each tab contains a specific family of information and channels, the most common of which are outlined below.
- Main Tab: The main tab is designed for quick and easy access to the most basic online tools at UWG. Under this tab, you will receive announcements, news, events, weather and be able to preview email and your calendar.
- BanWeb Tab: The BanWeb tab provides automatic access to Banweb. Banweb is a secure, online tool used to manage student information. Through BanWeb, students can register and perform typical student tasks from the comfort of their own home or dorm room.
- My Courses Tab: This tab features information regarding the individual courses you are registered for including distance education courses.
- My Resources Tab: This tab contains links and information to almost everything a student will need at UWG. You will find information here regarding student activities, financial aid, career services and more.
- My Campus Tab: This tab contains links and information pertaining to the physical campus. You will find information here regarding dorms, parking, dining, etc.
- Support / Help Tab: The Support/Help tab is designed to direct students appropriately if they need support or assistance. You will find information here regarding student technical support, academic support, and more.
On each tab you will notice a series of boxes similar to windows. These boxes are known as "channels."
Some tabs and channels can be moved, closed or minimized allowing you to customize your view of MyUWG. For help customizing MyUWG, click the "Help" icon near the top right of your screen.
Password Recovery is a new option for myUWG and consists of 2 steps : Setup and Recovery. Use this as your first resource if you have forgotten your password, as opposed to a hard PIN reset or calling the Service Desk. This access method is considered the same as providing your password (authentication), so treat it with the same level of respect as guarding your password or PIN, i.e. consider your answers carefully.
Setup: You will be required to to answer at least 2 Questions, once Recovery is enabled.
- You cannot see your Answers later. You can reset them after a successful login in the My Account \ Password Recovery Setup dialog
- Answering all four Questions adds more security to your account
- The confirmation dialog sends you into myUWG Main page
- If you are already locked/expired, you will be prompted to change your password before setup.
Recovery: click the Forget Password? link in the myUWG Login Dialog box and then answer 2 of the questions from the user setup phase correctly for the system to log them in.
- The user will be prompted to change their password after a successful Recovery.
- Note : If a user repeatedly tries to recover their password unsuccessfully, the system reacts according to the rules previously set by the administrator for failed logins.