MyUWG announcements offer an easy and effective way to communicate with users through the myUWG portal. Generally, MyUWG announcements:
- Appear inside the myUWG portal in a non-removable channel.
- May be targeted to specific groups or for the entire campus.
- May be set to display for a specific range of time.
- May include links to other websites.
Making MyUWG Announcements
To have an announcement made through the myUWG portal, follow the procedures below.
- Determine the group that you wish to target. Your basic choices are below:
- Campus Wide
- Faculty Only
- Faculty & Staff
You may also target specific majors or class groups such as Seniors.
If you wish to target highly specific groups or Freshmen, you will need to request a Banner job to create the group. To do so, submit your request for the group to be created for the purpose of a targeted portal announcement through BANRPT-L@westga.edu. If you're not sure if a Banner job is needed, check with the helpdesk at 678-839-6587.
- Prepare the text for your message.
- Submit your message to your Vice President or their designee for approval.
- Submit your approved message to the helpdesk at email@example.com along with your request to make the announcement via the portal, your targeting specifics and your date range for the announcement.