Email Using Outlook 2002/2003 (windows)
The following tutorial applies to:
- Email accounts which end with "@westga.edu".
- Users accessing their UWG email from on/off-campus.
If your email address ends with "@my.westga.edu", please view the information for Student Email.
Open Microsoft Outlook.
From the Tools menu, choose E-Mail Accounts.
- Add a new e-mail account
- View or change existing email accounts
Click Next to continue. (*When making changes to your account, skip instructions 5-6 below.)
Select POP3 or IMAP:
* POP3 actually downloads your mail from the mail server to your PC.
* IMAP synchronizes your local folders with your mail folders online - helpful if you need access to your mail from multiple locations.
Click Next to continue.
Complete the fields as indicated.
This is simply how Outlook will refer to you.
Incoming Mail Server
If you're using POP, this is pop.westga.edu. If you're using IMAP, this is imap.westga.edu.
Outgoing Mail Server
On Campus: smtp.westga.edu
Off Campus: your INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER'S Sendmail or SMTP server information
Your email user id
Click the Finish button.