A RECALL is a request for a book or item that is presently checked out to another user. Once it is checked in, it will be held for the next person in the queue.
Use the Online Recall to have a charged book held for you after it is returned. This process will prevent the book from being renewed or checked out by another patron. While the recall will not change the due date on a 28-day checkout, it will change a longer checkout period to 28 days.
1. Search for Item in the Library Catalog - GIL:
*** You must select an individual item to recall***
2. Click "Request" once you find a book you would like to be recalled (see example below)
For example, suppose you need the book "New Religious America" by Diann Eck but when you search the library catalog you see that it is has a status of "Checked Out". You may place a recall on the item by clicking on the "Request" link at the top of the screen within the record of the item.
3. GIL will prompt you to logon to your account (see example below)
4. Choose "Recall" from the available requests, then click OK. (see example below)
The following form will appear
5. Click on Submit Request to place the Recall, as shown above.
Don't forget to log off your account when you are finished by clicking Exit at the top of the screen.
6. You will receive a notice via your UWG student, e-mail account when the item is available. This will not work with other e-mail accounts.