COLLEGE LEVEL EXAMINATION PROGRAM (CLEP)
All CLEP testing is computer-based; there is no paper/pencil testing. Computer-based CLEP testing offers one major advantage to the examinee: immediate score results in almost every situation.
The Testing Office at the University of West Georgia accepts telephone reservations (678-839-6435) for CLEP computer-based testing. Please note the following guidelines, restrictions, and policies.
- Only one computer is available for CLEP testing. Therefore, all scheduling is done on a first call, first served basis. Examinees are expected to show up on time since there may be several administrations scheduled during the same day.
- Although we would like to schedule examinees on the date and at the time of their choosing, there are many times when CLEP testing is not available because of other testing commitments (for example, during finals week, during orientation sessions, etc). Please accept the fact that we are not available to do CLEP testing on demand.
- The fees are as follows: (1) the $15 service fee payable by check or cash which MUST be received within four business days of scheduling your appointment, and (2) the $80 test fee payable by credit card at the time of testing.
- Please note that if the $15 service fee is not received within four business days of scheduling your appointment, your test registration will be cancelled. The service fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The list of courses for which West Georgia will allow CLEP credit is below. As has always been the case, an examinee has the option to take any test offered through CLEP, but not all CLEP tests are accepted at West Georgia.
Note: West Georgia offers a program whereby students may earn college credit by examination in any of the subjects listed below. For further information contact the Testing Office, (678)839-6435, or Strozier Hall, Room 110.
Subject Exams Course For Credit Score Required Hours Earned American Government POLS 1101 51 3 American History I HIST 2111 50 3 American History II HIST 2112 50 3 American Literature ENGL 2130 50 3 English Literature ENGL 2120 50 3 Calculus I & II MATH 1634-2644 50 8 College Algebra MATH 1111 50 3 College Level French FREN 1001-1002 50 6 College Level German GERM 1001-1002 50 6 College Level Spanish SPAN 1001-1002 50 6 Financial Accounting ACCT 2101-2102 50 6 General Biology BIOL 1107-1108 &
50 8 General Chemistry CHEM 1152 & 1152 L 50
Precalculus MATH 1113 50 4
Principles/Macro or Microeconomics
ECON 2105 or 2106 50