Independent Study & Proctored Exams
As a service to persons who are taking independent study courses and/or distance education courses through other institutions or entities, the Testing Office does provide proctoring services when those programs require the administration of exams in a supervised setting.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Arrangements must be made in advance, preferably 2 – 3 weeks. This enables the institution/program sending the test and any additional materials ample time to get them to the Testing Office.
- Independent/proctored exams are usually administered at 8:30 am or 1:30 pm on a weekday mutually convenient to both the examinee and the UWG Testing Office. Under certain circumstances, the time frame may be changed.
- The fee for proctoring an independent study exam is $15, payable by check or cash when the examinee arrives to take the test.
- Appointments are made by calling the Testing Office (678-839-6435). At the time the appointment is made, the following information must be provided: name of examinee, name of course, format of test (paper/pencil or computer-based), first choice of testing date and time, and the name of the institution or program sending the exam.
- When the examinee arrives at the Testing Office, 110 Strozier Hall, for the testing appointment, photo identification must be presented. This photo ID may be a driver’s license, an employee work badge, or the student ID from the examinee’s home institution.