Publications from Mitra Lab
1. Paper Title: Employing functional genomics to study chlorophyll biosynthesis in the green micro-alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Authors: Tashana C. Haye, Darryel A.Wilson, Abigail R. Lennox, Alisha A. Contractor. Supervisor: Dr. Mautusi Mitra; Proceedings National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), 2013, p256-264 (published on 14th October, 2013).
2. Paper Title: Utilization of Functional Genomics to Study Regulation of Chlorophyll Biosynthetic Pathways in the Unicellular Green Alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Authors: Kathryn D. Lankford, Kelsey A. Gaston, Phillip B. Grovenstein, and Surangi Perera Supervisor: Dr. Mautusi Mitra; Proceedings National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), 2012, pp 589- 597 (published on December 4th, 2012).
3. Paper Title: Functional genomics of eukaryotic oxygenic photosynthesis in the model unicellular green microalga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Authors: Surangi Perera, Kelsey Gaston, Phillip Grovenstein, Justin Puckett, Yakema Sheats; Supervisor: Dr. Mautusi Mitra; Proceedings National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), 2011, p 805-813 (published on 27th February, 2012).
From Mitra Lab:
1. Grovenstein PB, Lankford KL, Wilson DA, Gaston KA, Perera S and Mitra M. Identification and molecular characterization of the second Chlamydomonas gun4 mutant, gun4-II. [v2; ref status: indexed, http://f1000r.es/1id] F1000Research 2013, 2:142 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.2-142.v2). First Published: 19 Jun 2013, 2:142 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.2-142.v1).
2. Grovenstein PB, Wilson DA, Lennox CG, Smith KP, Contractor AA, Mincey JL, Lankford KD, Smith JM Haye TC and Mitra M. Identification and molecular characterization of a novel Chlamydomonas reinhardtii mutant defective in chlorophyll biosynthesis. [v2; ref status: indexed, http://f1000r.es/1ic] F1000Research 2013, 2:138 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.2-138.v2) First Published: 10 Jun 2013, 2:138 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.2-138.v1).
Collaborative Research with UC Berkeley
Mitra M, Kirst H, Dewez D and Melis A. Modulation of the light- harvesting chlorophyll antenna size in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii by TLA1 gene over-expression and RNA interference. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B November, 2012 367: 3430-3443
Mitra M, Dewez D, Gines García-Cerdán J and Melis A. Polyclonal antibodies against the TLA1 protein also recognize with high specificity the D2 reaction center protein of PSII in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Photosynthesis Research, (2012) 112: 39-47.
Mitra M, Ng S and Melis A. The TLA1 protein family members contain a variant of the plain MOV34/MPN domain. American J. Biochem Mol. Biol.(2012) 2:1-18.
Article title: A more effective evaluation method for higher education. Published in “The Evolllution” (a nontraditional education newspaper) on March, 23rd, 2012. Website address: http://www.evolllution.com/curriculum_planning/a-more-effective-evaluation-method-for-higher-education/