Admission is based on several criteria including the following:
- Earned Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program.
- Official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Evidence of current licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States must be provided within the application.
- Completion of a basic undergraduate statistics course with a grade of C or higher prior to enrollment or during the first semester of the program.
- Satisfactory certificate of immunization (for a UWG new student).
- GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) for all upper division nursing courses.
- Professional resume.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional and academic abilities.
Application and all admission materials must be submitted by February 1 to be considered for PRIORITY Fall admission into the MSN Program.
Application and all admission materials must be submitted by June 1 to be considered for REGULAR Rolling Fall admission into the MSN Program.
Note: Rolling (continuous) admission occurs after the priority admission decisions are complete. Consideration for available space during the rolling admission cycle is awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Consideration for admission is only given to complete files.