The Tanner Health System School of Nursing's 100% online post-master’s certificate program is designed for master’s prepared nurses who desire further education in teaching, leadership, or clinical nurse leader roles. The program of study requires 13 or 16 credit hours depending on the track and graduates meet the educational requirements to sit for national certification examination.
Post-Master's Certificate Available:
- Nursing Education
- Clinical Nurse Leader
The Tanner Health System School of Nursing accepts applications for admission to the post-master’s certificate programs that begin each Fall Semester. Proof of the following should be submitted to be considered for admission:
- Earned Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program.
- Non-refundable $40.00 application fee (one time only).
- One official transcript from each college or university attended.
- Satisfactory certificate of immunization (if you are a new student).
- Evidence of current unrestricted licensure to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States and evidence of licensure in the state in which the practica will occur.
- Professional resume or curriculum vita.
- Two letters of recommendation.
How to Apply:
- Go to the Graduate Studies Website
- Click "online application" under step 1
- Create an account
- Complete the application
- Please provide RN license number of current licensure as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States within the application .
Proof of the following should be submitted to the Office of Admissions:
- One transcript from each college or university attended
Please submit all transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple Street Carrollton, GA 30117
Proof of the following should be submitted to the Tanner Health System School of Nursing (ATTN: Embry Ice):
- Profession curriculum vitae or resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Please submit the above documents to:
University of West Georgia
Tanner Health System School of Nursing (ATTN: Embry Ice)
1601 Maple Street
Carrollton, GA 30118
Proof of the following should be submitted to Health Services:
- Satisfactory certificate of immunization (new UWG students). Contact Health Services for more information.
Click here to apply.
Admission is limited to master’s prepared registered nurses licensed in the state in which the practica will occur. Applicants must have an earned master’s degree in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program. The certificate may be earned in a minimum of 3 semesters. Internet access is required. The majority of coursework is provided online with minimal face to face meetings.