The Department of Music at the University of West Georgia is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music. The Master of Music degree is offered with majors in Music Education and Performance.
All instruction is delivered by a distinguished artist-teacher faculty with extensive credentials and professional experience. Faculty members have regional, national, and international reputations in performance, teaching, research, and creative activities.
- Initial Certification Program in Music Education (P-12) The Initial Certification Program in Music Education is a non-degree designed for those individuals who have an earned undergraduate degrree in music from an accredited institution and wish to obtain certification to teach music (P-12) in Georgia.
- Master of Music Degree Admission Requirements
- Scheduling the Graduate Music Qualifying Exam
- Master of Music in Music Education This fully online program is intended for those individuals who seek advanced licensure in music teaching or for those who wish to pursue doctoral study and seek teaching positions in higher education.
- Master of Music in Performance This program is intended for those individuals who seek advanced training in music performance and/or wish to pursue doctoral study and seek teaching positions in higher education.